Monday Morning Check-In
Happy Monday! How was your weekend? I hope you had a fun and productive weekend! Around here it was hot, as expected, but we had a nice weekend despite the heat. Here’s how it all come together…
- Bootcamp. Check! For some reason, it was incredibly hard this week. I’m still feeling it.
- Visit with my niece and nephews. Check! And it was a great time. Yesterday was my nephew’s birthday. His family is here, visiting from out of town, so we thought it would be fun to do some sort of outdoor, water-related birthday gift. I saw this sponge ball project on Pinterest and thought it would be a fun project and an even more fun gift. But…we had a tough time finding plain, rectangular sponges. A lot of sponges these days have those rough sides for scrubbing pots and pans, which didn’t seem like a good idea when creating sponge balls for kids to throw at one another. But...at the second store we found some small foam balls from Poof – and they were perfect for what we had in mind. A nice little water ball fight in July. The kids had a great time…and we were all pretty well soaked by the end of the evening. A perfect way to end a hot summer day! If you're looking for a fun, water game for the kids this summer...I highly recommend this.
- Catch up on laundry. Check!
- Clean the house. Check! I tried this shower cleaning concoction I found on Pinterest. This stuff totally messed me up! Mixing vinegar with Dawn dish soap and then spraying it created a very strong smelling fume that made my lungs very unhappy…and it gave me a headache. So…I had to open the window in the bathroom (and it was over 100 degrees outside) just to survive getting the stuff off the shower walls. The good news is that this stuff worked quite well to get a bunch of hard water induced yuckiness off my shower walls. (There is another pin that uses the same ingredients but says to put the stuff in a squeeze bottle. I think that's the way to go.) Oh, and by the way…the rest of the house cleaning went off without a hitch. ;)
- Do some simplify 101 stuff. Nope…but that’s what today is for. Right? ;)
How was your weekend? I hope you had a great one! Thanks, as always, for joining me for Finish It Friday. I hope it gave you that extra boost of motivation you needed to get some stuff done...and have some fun, too. See you back here on Friday for another round of Finish It Friday!