Hello friends. This weekend took on a mood much different than what I had anticipated when I posted my to-do list on Friday morning. At that time, I hadn't yet heard about the horror that was taking place in Connecticut.
My heart was heavy all weekend, as it still is today. I spent a lot of time glued to the T.V., feeling compassion, sympathy, and heartbreak for the people directly impacted. There is no way to make sense of it, nor are there words that can adequately express the feelings we are all feeling at this time. And so, I will leave it at that, and move on to the check-in portion of this post.
- Boot camp. I skipped boot camp this week, and opted to run instead. I ran 3.2 miles on Saturday…it was just what I needed.
- Neighborhood Christmas party. Check!
- Pack and ship Christmas gifts. Check!
- Plan meals and shop. Check!
- Laundry. Check!
- Work on simplify 101 project. Check!
- Tie up loose ends for Christmas. My original intent was to do a final check of the to-do and a general sanity check to be sure I'll be ready in time. Essentially, I didn’t tie up the loose ends, but figured out what loose ends need to be tied up before the 25th. So—check!
How did your weekend turn out? Thanks for joining me for Finish It Friday.